Thursday, July 4, 2013

Where to buy stuff for Knitting?

OK I have talked about the knitting I have been learning for sometime now. The first thing you need are books. You can either buy one from National Bookstore or browse some cheap ones over Booksale. I say go for Booksale for better deals. I also downloaded some books online and videos as well.

Next is the needles, I have one from National Bookstore. It is made of steel and comes in one size only 4mm. But I am a newbie and it doesn't matter. I also bought some yarns from the same store for practice.

The best place to buy stuff for knitting is Dreams Yarnshoppe in Glorietta. When I went there I was a bit intimidated and asked for a set of needles. They don't have set of needles but you can buy individual needles. They have different stuff and I had a hard time choosing what is nice or good. So I decided to just leave them be.

I tried for local groups that knit or share ideas about knitting. It's a sad fact that knitting is quite rare in the Philippines. There is not even one Filipino Facebook Group about Knitting. That is how bad it is.

I searched online for places to buy some more stuff. I mean not online but a real store where I can go and buy them. I don't have faith in people who sell stuff expect you to pay first and then tell you they are going to send them. I have had tons of experience on this, usually bad ones.

The next thing I need to do is search Divisoria for cheaper alternatives, I heard somewhere in Tabora. I'll give an update next time because I am kinda broke with all the postcards, postage and yarns I needed to buy.

Dreams Yarnshoppe is at
3/F Glorietta 5, Office Drive, Ayala Center, Makati City
Open During Mall Hours 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM, Sunday-Thursday /
10:00 AM - 10:00 PM, Friday-Saturday

Their site: http://dreamsyarns.com/

No comments: