Thursday, May 28, 2015

Museum Day 2015 at Yuchengco Museum

It's one Museum I have not seen or been to. So when they had a free day I gathered myself early from bed and went to the RCBC Tower in Makati.

When I went there. The way to the Museum is paved with call center people smoking their lungs out. I wish the space in front the Museum should not be a smoking area. Gives less importance to a place of art and history.

The building is of four floors and I started at the fourth floor going down. There is this nice paiting that greets guests at the Museum. It's also a gift shop but again most Museums don't get to sell a lot like malls do. They have very interesting Filipiniana books on sale as well as souvenirs. 


The trip on the elevator was nice and led me to some interesting pictures of old Manila and an interesting map.









Showcased is the short history of the Yuchengco family and some of their personal collections. I didn't take pictures of everything.




They have small section of things that are Jose Rizal related like books and letters. There are also some portraits of Jose Rizal and his family.


Picture taking is not allowed on the third floor. I policed myself quite well and saw their map collections, the history of the Filipino-American war which includes newspaper clippings, flags and even turn of the century postcards. Wow those postcards are to die for.

There is also an interactive artwork but since I am not a fan of modern art I didn't even take a look.

Then I go to the painting sections. There is even a small gallery of women artists but since most of them are modern I ignored them as well.


The nice thing about the museum is that you don't need a guide. There is an application called Facets that lets you explore some of the exhibits and be more familiar with them.



The triangular logo means that there is more to learn about an artwork.





























The best part of the Museum are the maps and paintings of the Masters.

The Yuchengco Museum is open Monday - Saturday / 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
RCBC Plaza
Cor Ayala and Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenues
Makati City, Philippines 1200

Telephone: (632) 889-1234
Email: info@yuchengcomuseum.org
Website: http://yuchengcomuseum.org/

No comments: