Friday, June 20, 2014

TBT and the Pamantasan ng Makati (Buendia)

I graduated from Pamantasan ng Makati -Science and Technology High School (formerly Polytechnic College) located at Buendia. That was in 1998. At that time the first people to go were the college students and most of the school were left to us high schoolers. 

Now the school is in ruins. Even the shop where I once tried to learn automotive is gone but at least is still in use. 





This was the gate where we used to enter for Mondays is for the flag ceremony. Often times despite the 7 am class I would still be late. The small building beside was for the Woodworking and Electronics rooms.


The whole place seems to be or have been eaten by the earth as if nature is taking root. And indeed some have really taken root on the buildings. I wanted to enter but I was feeling too stupid to ask the guard. Maybe I will try that soon.


The long walk going around this area, often times students waited for friends here and there. I never really even learned the name of this street.


Soon no one will ever remember that once this area was alive with noisy students. That frat wars and good memories happened at this building. Maybe soon this place will also be a mall or a condo.


This was the gym where my classmates playes and I as well. I learned baseball here as well as volleyball and even badminton but never basketball.


In the afternoon this gate beside the canteen will open and let students out. The name of the school is slowly vanish like all the memories of this place



I remember having my first year and fourth year at this side. I cannot even remember which is our actual room.

Last time I heard this building was condemned for being structurally weak was to be replaced. It's been years since the Binays said that. Nothing has happened ever since.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Philip,

I just read your Blog. It brings the memory but I am saddened on the physical structure of our former school building.

I hope Makati local government will consider to re-open the school. Demolish the old building and rise a new one... May be in my dreams... hahaha

By the way, we are classmate in 1st year high school... I-D, correct? :)

-- Arman

Unknown said...

Hi, anyone of you familiar with astudent name Gayda and Sugar? I'm not sure if that was from section A. But i'm pretty surebthese ladies are pretty back then. I'm curios about there whereabouts. Thanks.

Unknown said...

If ever you remember, my Lola has carenderia back then, inside the school , katabi lang nun nagtitinda din ng french fries. Does anyone of u remember? Or nagawi man lang dun

Unknown said...

Yap, i remember that place

Anonymous said...

Can anyone. Tell me how can I get a copy of my CAV and.DIPLOMA I'm batch 96.?

Anonymous said...

Nakakamiss..ang daming memories parang nalungkot ako bigla nung makita ko ung dating bldg. ng Pamantasan ng Makati.. section E ako that time Electronics esp. subject ko..Dancer dn po ako ng school..School Boys na group at Jazz pack..ang sarap maging bata...