Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The problem of evil (Christians).





It is funny to see that people who claim moral supremacy are the ones really deprived of it. Before (when I was a devour Catholic) my faith has always been rocked by this great problem-the problem of evil. Actually I have read a lot of theological and philosophical materials on the problem.

I say life is hard most of the time, I don’t know, maybe because I have been going to hell and back a lot of times. Or that I see it all around and it still pains my heart that a lot of innocent and good people suffer. There is so much pain in world today. Yes, we have advanced with our science and morality but it seems our life is getting shorter and more immoral.

If God is love then why allow his own children to suffer? I thought this was a problem, but there was a more shocking problem-Christians.

“If Christians would really live according to the teachings of Christ, as found in the Bible, all of India would be Christian today.”
-Ghandi

And his most famous line:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

Many so called Christians and even some Catholics are acting as if they have not read the Scriptures or listened to the Priest on Sunday Service.

What they preach about the love of God is unseen in their actions. Most Christians I know are often arrogant, self-righteous, ignorant and plain cold. Most of the worst curses and lies I have heard in my life were from the mouth of many Christians. And they say they have the love of God?

There seems to be a splitting of personality in many cases. A Christian often acts only Christian during Sunday (often times only during the Service) and is a completely different person during the rest of the week. One can be theistic on the Sabbath and be agnostic from Sunday to Friday.

It’s also surprising that many so called Church goers just go to Church just to talk about themselves and how they are better than other Church people. They often make ridiculous claims and skills but when their real help is needed you can't even see them lifting a finger. They are also the ones who complain a lot.

Some of these people only give to the Church because they want their names to be read in the Mass because they have donated a huge amount. Hypocrites! I thought Jesus liked more humble people but it seems otherwise.

I believe that if we want people to believe in God we should be more Christ-like. No wonder many people-like me- are disgusted with many Christians. Believe me I still believe that there are true Christians out there, as there are good atheists and agnostics as well.

No comments: