Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The hunt for Knitting books at the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale at World Trade Center

The event was held at the World Trade Center, Pasay City. The event is held by Big Bad Wolf from February 16th until the 25th. They are open 24 hours. So you wont need to deal with people. Yes, those annoying people who keep blocking isles and is just standing there for no apparent reason.

I left my house at around 1 AM and was there in the venue really fast. There was no traffic and less people. The only problem is that it is late and the evil monsters of Manila are alive and just lurking. Especially that the place is in an area that is often dark. So be careful and be always active, especially with pick pockets and robbers. Do not flash your valuables. Dress simple.

But gladly I made it safe to the venue. The place is still open and I am glad they are really open. There were some people waiting in front. While some like me are still coming in.

Yes, not so many people. Half of the lights are on. Darker than usual

I made my way to the entrance fast, which might be long if I came in during the day.





It is always amazing to see tons of books in a really big space after seeing the dark outside. There are so many titles to chose from. It just takes your breath away. I am blown and its a nice impression.


It is also nice to see stacks of books and just a few night owls. Yes, some annoying people who keep talking loud as if its our business to know what they are talking about. Even if we give little shit if they just fell and died on the floor in front of you.

There are also those occasional few who keep blocking ways and eats too much space. It's too bad you cannot kill them by hitting them with some hardbound books until they die.


I went to the Crafts and Hobbies tables. And searched for the books I need. Yes those fucking knitting books. There were tons of interesting craft and hobbies books that I have to ignore.

I ignored them all. Here are some of the books I saw that were knit related.


The only book I bought was the Knitwear design by Carol Brown. I think the other knitting books were not worth buying or too darned expensive.


There were also less crochet books. Most of them are more decorative than anything else.



Classic knits is expensive as well. Not worth buying unless I have space and extra money.



The Knitting Book is more than a thousand pesos and is not that of a bargain considering its price in Amazon.


I am tempted to buy this Knitters Palette and might get it next time.




There were also these easy packages of simple knitting for beginners.







My pet peeve was triggered because most of the books were scattered like crazy despite the reminder to return them where you found them. Some books were tossed around and were somewhat destroyed because of bad handling.

Still many reading Filipinos do not know how to respect books.

I searched for Philosophy books but there were none. Also there were many titles that I would like to have seen but were not present. Despite the huge number of books and titles it was still not enough to make me happy.

I was not able to find a copy of the Japanese Knitting Stitch Bible or any of the books by Elizabeth Zimmermann.

Still there is a huge potential for this sale despite lacking some of the books I wanted to see. I will go back again and check their other stocks.

If you hate crowds of redundant ectoplasm then you should go there in the wee hours.

Details:

The Big Bad Wolf Book Sale
DATE: FEBRUARY 16 - 25, 2018
TIME: 24 HOURS A DAY, 231 HOURS NON-STOP!
(9AM, FEBRUARY 16 – 11.59PM, FEBRUARY 25)
VENUE: WORLD TRADE CENTER, PASAY CITY

1 comment:

Science IT and Leisure said...

have a great day.
https://scienceleisure.blogspot.com/2018/04/database-security.html