Thursday, January 4, 2018

Musing about and trying the Slicktight Bubblegum Bastard Pomade

Humans have been playing with their hair for a long time already. People have used many things and stuff to keep their hair looking the same. Some products giving the needed style to keep for a long time and while others can be changed at whim.



It was not an easy process. When I was smaller old people used pomade. In the Tagalog area where I was born, the elders called it "pamada." It has that shinny look that stays long. It works well with the polished look of the start of the 19th century even way up to the end of the war that destroyed what is fashionable Manila.

When I got younger people used gels and hair sprays. I was born in the 80s. Yes, those crazy big hairs that people laugh at when you look at graduation albums. They used tons of hair products like gels and hair sprays to keep those perms and big hairs in place.

I never tried any hair products except shampoo and the occasional conditioner. I never liked the look of gel because it always reminds me of nose mucus. I think I tried it once or twice but I never really liked the feel of it.

For some weird twist of fate the pomade has made a come back. Of course, like any fashion trends people started to favor the good old clean look of the past. Which always reminds me of Frank Sinatra and his hair.

The other thing I remember about pomades is how they smelled before. People often told that pomades smell like old people.

Today I am trying the Slicktight pomade. They have lots of products that won't disappoint you and make you smell something from the past.

I got a hold of the Slicktight Bubblegum Bastard. It has a really nice and tasty smell. So good you want to start chewing on it. I hope no kid touches this because we all know how children are becoming more and more stupid these days. They might eat it and die. Which is good for me. Less stupid children, less stupid adults. 

Sorry, I got distracted there. This is an oil-based pomade is made from natural products. The ingredients include: Beeswax, castor oil, microwax, coconut oil, and fragrance oil.


It has a heavy hold and will do well in the crazy weather and streets of Manila. Just make sure you stay away from too much of the pollution. It will also stick to your hair. the good thing is that the smell of this product will be able to hold off the dirty smell.


The best thing about pomades is that it allows you to style your hair again and again throughout the day. Unlike other hair products. If your grandfather uses pomade give him some hip pomade.

A pomade also does not dry like gels, lasts longer. So I say give this product a try. Something old and yet something good. So glad I can style my hair without using those gels. Sorry, I just don't like gels.

Price: Php 350.00 (60 grams) < -- That is not expensive, just to look cool.

Also available are: All Skool Cola, Cool Mint, Strawberries and Cream, Vanilla Sandalwood, Sport, and Aqua. (Damn! I thought at first I was looking at an ice cream menu.)

They also have some awesome soaps, shampoo and combs.

Where can I get this? 
Slicktight website and store: https://www.slicktight.com/
Call: +63-917-820-7360
Email: slicktightpomade@gmail.com

They are also on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

3 comments:

Vance M. Ramos said...

I couldn't stop laughing dun sa sinabi mong, "Less stupid kids equals to less stupid adults." Panalo ka talaga sa pagiging direct to the point. Hahaha....

S Singh said...

Great and help full article.. by the time you can watch
IPL Live Streaming
IPL 2018 Live Streaming 
IPL 2018 Live
IPL 2018 Live Streaming 
IPL 2018 schedule

Unknown said...



كشف تسربات المياه بالخبر


شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل