Sunday, April 20, 2014

Salubong 2014 at Quiapo

I participated with the Salubong at Quiapo Church or the Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene.

It is supposed to re-enact the meeting of Jesus and Mary after the Resurrection. Usually an angel (someone dressed up as an angel) comes in and just removed the black veil of the Virgin Mary. And they sing this familiar song, "Reyna ng langit."

This Holy week I heard two versions of the song. The first was from the choir in Ermita Church which me and my friend called the Bugbog Children's Choir. One of the most awful version of the song. I was so appalled by the way they sang the song.

And then we have this version sung by the Bulabog Children's Choir in Quiapo. They sang well but they are the most unruly choir ever. I was not able to record how they kept talking on mike while the priest was reading the gospel and his sermon.

Here is the Bulabog Children's Choir of Quiapo. Sorry I don't know what the hell they are really called.


No comments: