Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I stole something and I am glad for doing it

There seems to be great pleasure derived from doing things that shouldn't be done. It's the same line of argument presented by Saint Augustine in his Confessions. Our beloved theologian stole pears not because he is hungry but for mere fact that he just likes to do it.

In our time politicians, celebrities, and lowly workers steal something and for a variety of reasons. In our culture of the Philippines deeply nurtured with Catholic teachings, it is a wonder that there are many pickpockets and robbers in our midst especially during the feast of the Black Nazarene.

What evil did I do this time? What valuable item have I taken for myself?

You may laugh but I took a pen from a desk a former teacher left. It's a pen with Daesung from Big Bang.


No comments: